The Store director is accountable for promoting brand engagement and loyalty to clients and
the team on the floor. He/she works closely with Store Management and Retail Manager and
drives changes to achieve business objectives and to strengthen a client-centric culture
among the team.
- Job Title: Store Director
- Reports to: Retail Manager
- Direct the performance for designated store/floor within the department store to consistently achieve sales budget objectives.
- Strong understanding on store KPI’s and ability to analyze and strategize the figures.
- Manage and monitor in-store action plans previously agreed upon with Retail Manager to develop sales department and client segment.
- Maintain awareness of all industry news, technology, and key competitors’ trends.
- Model Brand image through appropriate wardrobe and presence and influence its image to the team.
- Ensure the achievement of business objectives while developing a high-end client strategy for the floors.
- Ensure the management and development of initiatives.
- Identify existing high-end and high potential clients and build a network to support their Client Advisor further and to enhance their loyalty by special services and attention.
- Closely work with Store Management and Retail Manger to achieve to goals and to promote a client-centric culture among the team.
- Inspire Client Advisors to implement initiatives personalized on client interest and profile.
People & Talent Management
- Coach and create development plan for Store Management to drive high performance.
- Consistently contribute on attracting, recruiting, and retaining a high performing team, building a talent pipeline through networking and competitive shopping.
- Training and development of direct reports for future growth/career path.
- Lead by example to promote a positive and professional team environment that fosters trust, integrity and superior performance standards.
Communication and Reporting
- Effectively communicate with Retail Manager of decisions and procedures related to business and Human resource issues made at the store level.
- Provide clear and informative reports about business and review with the team.
REQUIREMENTS & CAPABILITIES
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in retail industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in environment.
- Proven ability to network, recruit, train, develop and assess talent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Passion for the fashion industry.
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays.