A wonderful luxury hotel & casino complex located on Jeju Island is currently hiring a Spa manager.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Responsible for ensuring the efficient and smooth running of all aspects of the two Spas, Jimjilbang Spa & European Spa, and assists with operations for Swimming Pools, Kid’s Club, and Fitness Center at the Hotel in line with the Hotel Services Agreement and Hotel’s Corporate and Functional Strategies, Policies and Hotel Standards.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Operational and Administrative
- Oversight of Main Reception, European Spa, Jimjilbang Spa, Male and Female Changing Rooms, linen rooms, preparation rooms, staff lounges and offices. Assists with oversight of Fitness Center, Swimming Pools, and Kid’s Club.
- Be the first point of contact for large groups. Manages the communication with group organizer. Offers competitive proposals. Co-ordinates appointments and updates co-ordinator with itineraries. Finalizes billing arrangements. On the day of the event, is responsible for execution. Co- ordinates with other departments as applicable, i.e. F&B for lunch, hotel concierge for special requests.
- Professionally deals with dissatisfied or disgruntled guests.
- Assists with booking reservations, giving tours, and all other operational tasks as needed. Ensures all colleagues have a break time, assisting with coverage as needed during this time.
- Ensures that mistakes are corrected and coaches the colleague on the procedures that were performed correctly and those that were performed incorrectly.
- Reviews the spa bookings for the day and the week to ensure that everything is booked correctly and efficiently for revenue maximization.
- Follows up on maintenance issues with engineering team.
- Reads and replies to all e-mails from guests, vendors, and colleagues.
- Verifies spa GSO has complete and accurate financial reports at the end of each shift.
- Ensures all therapists and hair stylists are trained and tested out on all treatments and services prior to being booked. Coordinates in-house and vendor training and monitors each colleague’s level of proficiency to ensure guest expectations and standards will be met.
- Creates effective schedules that meet the needs of the spa and verify accuracy of input in Spa software program.
- Ensures that all guest areas are clean, safe, and set up according to our standards. Ensures the treatment rooms are used to the maximum potential.
- Follows up on Spa packages, special requests and VIPs.
- Performs regular walk-throughs of all areas to ensure standards are met and teams are supported.
- Conducts daily briefings and regular meetings with GSO’s, Spa Attendants, Therapists, and Hair Stylists. Ensures information is communicated effectively with all colleagues not present.
- Ensures that we have the products, linen and supplies necessary for all treatments and guest areas. Assists with placing orders and daily monitoring of stock levels to make this happen.
- Maximizes employee productivity through using of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
- Ensures that all costs are strictly controlled in line with the budget.
- Assists with monthly inventory.
- Completes all daily and monthly reports as assigned.
- Ensures that all accounting procedures are followed.
- Verifies accuracy of guest charges and recollection.
- Keeps up with current spa trends to make sure the Spa & Fitness Center programs and equipment remain competitive and cutting edge.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to increase spa awareness and ultimately business.
- Greets VIP guests personally as and when necessary and assists with journalist interviews as requested.
- Attends relative functions and promotions for and on behalf of the Spa when necessary.
- Assists Director of Spa with the Sales and Marketing Plan and Event Planner.
- Assists with recruiting, training, and developing of Spa employees following the operational, financial, and administrative philosophies.
- Through hands-on management, supervises closely all employees in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies & procedures and applicable laws.
- Delegates appropriate duties and responsibilities, whilst ensuring standards of operation and safety are maintained.
- Instills and supports the training initiatives and philosophies of the company and works closely with the Learning Manager developing Departmental Trainers.
- Monitors employee morale and provides mechanisms for performance feedback and development.
- Conducts check-in conversation with direct reports, providing honest and appropriate feedback with two-way communication.
- Attends employee social and recreational functions to establish a closer rapport with employees
- Shares the results of the Colleague Experience Survey and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
- Oversees the punctuality and appearance of all Spa associates, making sure they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and departments’ grooming standards.
- Encourages associates to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Responds to changes in the Spa & Fitness Center function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Reads the hotel’s Employee Handbook and understands and adheres to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Attends training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The company could sponsor a visa.
- The company offers housing allowance.