Title: Hygiene Manager
Industry: Global Luxury Hotel Complex
Location: Jeju, Korea
Package: Competitive Salary
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Ensure that all Food & Beverage employees have an adequate knowledge of food safety.
- Organise Food safety meetings and trainings and keep accurate records of all trainings and meetings held.
- Follow up with all related teams that trainings are understood and actions implemented.
- Develop food safety committees for the hotel to ensure all actions are communicated towards the operations.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage meeting.
- Develop a monthly report of the operational hygiene gaps and develop an action plan.
- Develop on the job and class room trainings for all kitchen, service and staff.
- Ensure daily routine checks are done in liaison with the Manager in all Food & Beverage areas.
- Ensure daily checks of freezers and fridges in the kitchen and bar areas.
- Prepare and compile monthly, weekly F&B reports.
- To ensure that all data is recorded properly by the respecting kitchen staff and filed correctly for future reference.
- Check on a daily basis pastry counters, buffets and displays for the restaurants and banquets.
- Attend site visits for potential outside caterings.
- Attend operations and set-up during outside caterings to evaluate eventual hygiene gaps.
- Attend any visit of the governmental body in terms of food hygiene and encourage a positive working relation.
- Contribute sourcing new suppliers and ensure all suppliers are visited regularly to evaluate their production in terms of hygiene.
- Develop a regular pest control programme to ensure prevention.
- Conduct regular meetings with third party hygiene consultants to discuss critical points.
- To collect food samples from events and outside caterings for future reference.
- Spot check on receiving area for food hygiene and vendor product quality to ensure the hotel’s criteria is met.
- Be flexible to assist the operation when and as required during operational peaks or seasonal festivities.
- Ensure to withhold and not to disclose any details or administrative communications, personal information or overheard conversations in the office to others.
- A minimum of one year experience in a F&B Management position in a renown international hotel brand.
- Certified in food safety / HACCP or equivalent.
- Ability to work and communicate in multinational environment, including excellent oral and written language skills in Korean and English; Any Additional languages are a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Have a complete understanding of food safety standards/ procedures.