The Regional Business Development Director is responsible to maximize brand potential within their markets (Korea + Taiwan) through marketing, education, retail, ecommerce, events, and new initiatives. This position is expected to identify market opportunities and build a strong and united relationship with the distributor’s management, sales force and company’s corporate Sales and Marketing Divisions.
Reports to: VP Asia
- Achieving growth and hit sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
(Sell-Out and Sell–In).
- Monitoring and management of client inventory.
- Primary point of contact for accounts/distributors within defined territory.
- Developing and executing strategic plans to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base in all channels of operation (Professional/Retail/ecommerce).
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships (Distributors, Vendors etc…).
- Source new account opportunities through direct leads (distributor, customer service, networking) and redirect qualified opportunities to Distributor Sales Consultants.
- Work together with corporate Marketing to localize the marketing plans.
- Identify new opportunities in Retail and work together with the Corporate Retail team and distributor to maximize opportunities.
- Identify new and existing opportunities of local pure player’s ecommerce websites and work in alignment with International ecommerce department to increase brand online presence in the markets.
- Assist in building the launch of brand color in the markets.
- Ensure all key market accounts are well merchandised and representative of brand standards.
- Promote and drive all company programs, launches and sales initiatives.
- Participate in distributor sales and education shows and programs.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree. M.A – preferred but not required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Beauty & Cosmetics industry.
- Fluent both in Korean and English, verbal & written.
- Experience within the professional haircare industry- significant advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with the Hair Coloration- advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Managerial experience.
- Ability to travel within given territory to support the ongoing needs of the business.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Takes initiative.
- Proactive problem solving approach.
- Strategic planning.
- Ability to travel multi-task.
- Works well under pressure.Able to work in a team or individual