The Assistant Store Manager is the face of our brand and is responsible for delivering the brand experience to all prospective and existing brand clients, maximizing retail sales and link-selling accessories and other brand services. They have a passion for selling and are responsible for providing exceptional levels of client service and demonstrating exceptional product knowledge to build lasting client relationships that result in repeat business and increased revenue.
Position: Assistant Store Manager
Industry: Luxury Optics Industry
Package: Competitive Salary
Sales and Service
- Welcome, initiate conversation and engage with all clients in the spirit of our brand Way.
- Achieve daily sales targets as a minimum requirement.
- Ask open questions to establish client needs and wants and, where necessary, to clarify any perception of our brand and products.
- Use signature images to demonstrate the flexibility and performance of our products.
- Listen to client responses and increase sales by choosing products that reflect client needs and wants and highlighting the relevant benefits.
- Maximize sales revenue by taking all opportunities to make sales, offering appropriate related products and link-selling.
- Give accurate and current information about products; if information is not at hand, do everything possible to provide an answer before the client leaves the store.
- Handle complaints graciously and turn them into sales opportunities.
- Deal with multiple clients and a busy store effectively.
- Increase our client base by keeping continue the Conversation using leaflet.
- Supporting the Store Manager with the processing and dispatch of online orders.
- Understand and properly execute all systems and POS procedures to ensure swift and seamless transactions.
- Respond to and follow up client calls, messages and emails on a daily basis.
Store presentation and standards
- Assist with the presentation of products and displays, ensuring brand standards are adhered to at all times, and that displays are kept fresh by changing product location e.g., giving new products focus.
- Ensure all products are ticketed and priced.
- Maintain exceptional standards of house-keeping by ensuring that all products, fixtures, fittings and displays and the till area are kept clean and tidy.
- Replenish stock regularly to ensure there are no gaps on display and products are ‘to hand’ in store, minimizing the need to go to the stockroom when serving a client
Instore CRM & Clientelling
- Develop and maintain a list of VIP clients. The target should be a minimum of 50 VIP clients per FTE member of the team.
- Retain key information about these clients, e.g. products owned, wish-list products, recent purchases, key dates (e.g. birthdays / anniversaries), favourite photographers and photography style in order to provide them with an exceptional and bespoke level of service
- Provide a one-to-one personalized service to your VIP clients e.g. through notifying them personally about new product arrivals that match their preferences, relevant photography exhibitions and Akademie courses.
- Use clientelling to deliver increased sales through effective up selling and link-selling.
Product and stock management
- Support the management team with stock takes and additional stock checks / counts as required.
- Maintain stock awareness in all categories of product and notify Store Manager / Assistant Store Manager immediately of any concerns with stock levels or availability.
- Properly execute all stock movements on SAP, taking required steps to remedy errors and notifying Store Manager / Assistant Store Manager immediately of any issues unable to rectify.
- Prevent theft by following security procedures in store, when moving stock between location and when opening and closing
- Develop product knowledge by using products to take signature images, reading product collateral and regularly discussing features and benefits with colleagues and store management as part of a continuing cycle of learning.
- Develop knowledge of competitor products and market trends.
- Act as a brand ambassador at all times, contribute to and represent brand at events both internally and externally (e.g. product launches, pop-ups, private views etc.), using these as an opportunity to network and connect with existing and potential customers.
- Seek to continuously develop sales and service and systems / process knowledge and skills, demonstrating a positive attitude to coaching, training and feedback and a commitment to learning and self-development.
- Adhere to the brand dress code, attendance and punctuality standards.
- Work as part of a team by sharing selling support duties and demonstrating flexibility with regards to hours and days of work.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedural standards and be aware of and actively support Company procedures to ensure the health and safety of customers and colleagues.
- 5+ years of relevant retail management experience/Prior sales management experience
- Prior sales management experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual selling goals and metrics
- Proven ability to drive sales results, able to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Comfort in making decisions and mediating conflict within a team-environment
- Ability to address complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to identify/assess top talent and train/develop/retain great people.
- Proficient in windows-based software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of fashion/luxury retail business and understanding of camera is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills are a must, as well as the ability and willingness to entertain proficient relationships with customers.
- Ability to deal effectively with people who may be worried, frustrated or angry.
- Ability to manage customer relationship in a highly diversified, constantly changing environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and healthy relationships with all colleagues, clients and all other departments/partners.
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule: including some weekends and Academy courses